Saturday 26 March 2011

Earth Hour 2011

Of course I don't have to explain you what that is. And of course you will turn off the lights from 8:30 - 9:30 tonight and be part of a global movement that is part of the solution - not the problem. And hey, if you live in Thunder Bay, you may even have decided to throw an Earth Hour party or event (and maybe qualify for one of the prizes awarded by City of Thunder Bay, Thunder Bay Hydro, EarthWise and EcoSuperior).
Good on you! 

So here's a question. After 9:30 and your lights are back on again, ask yourself: now was that such a big deal? Should I do this only once a year - or maybe more often..?
Ask yourself, what else can I do to conserve my energy consumption and limit my carbon footprint (and my power bill)?

To inspire you and maybe even nudge you to be part of this great initiative, here's a great little Earth Day commercial all the way from Australia. So is this a global movement or what?
(okay, I'll admit I'm a sucker for that Ozzie accent)




No comments:

Post a Comment